Superbugs & Superdrugs 2019
18th - 19th March, 2019 (London, UK)
This year’s event will gather leaders from pharmaceutical companies, academia and the wider scientific community together with regulatory agencies and public-private partnerships, to discuss the growing threat of antibiotic resistance.
Join us to learn about various strategies in place to support antimicrobial resistance research & development, evaluate the latest scientific advancements for tackling antimicrobial resistance and consider potential novel candidates and alternatives to anti-microbials.
The event will also focus on the strategies pharmaceutical companies use to assist the development of new therapeutics & drugs, how to obtain funding for new projects and address why there is a current lack of incentives for researchers working in antimicrobial resistance research and development.
Benefits of attending:
- Analyse the current status of antimicrobial resistance with industry-led insight into current strategies to tackle AMR
- Hear about novel immunotherapeutics to target Gram-negative bacterial infections
- Learn about strategies to combat β-lactamases
- Evaluate the development of precision antibiotics: agents designed to meet the demands of stewardship
- Explore the role of plasmids in the evolution of antimicrobial resistance
Who should attend:
- Research and Development Directors
- Chief Scientific Officers
- Chief Medical Officers
- Heads of Global Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Pharmaceutical Research & Development/ Drug Discovery Scientists
ABAC Therapeutics; Aberdeen University and Grampian University Hospitals; Achaogen Inc; Aelin Therapeutics NV; Alacrita LLP; Allecra Therapeutics SAS; AMR Centre; Antibiotic Research UK; Astellas Pharma Inc.; Autonomous University of Barcelona; BioPharm Insight; BioVersys AG; Centauri Therapeutics; Chemical Biology Ventures; ContraFect; Destiny Pharma; Drug Discovery Today; Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi); Eligo Bioscience; Emergent BioSolutions; Evotec; F2G Ltd; GARDP; Gladius Pharmaceuticals; GSK; HHS/ASPR/BARDA; Imperial College London; Infectious Diseases Hub; King Faisal Specilist Hospital & Research Center; King’s College London; King's College London; Laboratoire Biodim; LifeArc; Matoke Holdings; Melinta Therapeutics; Merck; MHRA; Microbiology Society; Micromyx LLC; Motif BioSciences; MSD; Mutabilis; mycoBiologics @ University of Aberdeen; Neem Biotech; Nemesis bioscience ; Novo AS; Office Of Health Economics; Oppilotech; Pew charitable trusts; Phico Therapeutics; PSI CRO AG; SCYNEXIS Inc; Summit Therapeutics; Sygnature Discovery; TranScrip Partners; University Of Birmingham; University of North Texas Health Science Center; UNTHSC, PreClinical Services; VAST Bioscience Pty Ltd; Virbac; Walter Reed Army Institute of Research; Wellcome Uk; West Way Health;